Harissa Roast Cauliflower With Lemon Yoghurt
1 medium size cauliflower floret with leaves on
2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed) paste
300ml full fat yoghurt
3 tablespoons harissa paste
salt & pepper
freshly chopped parsley
black sesame seeds
1) Remove the leaves from the cauliflower, wash and set aside
2) Cut the cauliflower into steaks, following the branches of the main stalk to keep the steaks from breaking up too much. You will also have some side cuts you can use. Place the cauliflower on a non stick baking sheet or use a dish lined with baking paper.
3) Drizzle the cauliflower with olive oil, harissa paste and salt. Use just enough that there isn't a lot of excess but the florets are coated. Use your hands to coat the florets and steaks.
4) Place in a 180C oven for around 20mins, until cooked and slightly charred, turning after 10 minutes.
5) Steam the cauliflower leaves above boiling water for 5mins, until tender, and run briefly under cold water to blanch them (this stops them overcooking and brings out the colour).
6) Meanwhile mix 300ml or so yoghurt with 2tbsp tahini paste, juice of half a lemon, salt & pepper to taste.
7) Toast the flatbreads
8) Serve the cauliflower and leaves while hot and drizzle with the tahini yoghurt. Sprinkle over some black sesame seeds, chopped parsley, and add a toasted flatbread for each serving.